The best dog breeds for children
Which dog breeds are best for families with small children? Specialists have recommended the following 15 types of dogs as the best companions for little ones.
1. Labrador retriever. He is intelligent, loving and easy to train. Therefore, in addition to being ideal for living with children, he's also often trained as a guide dog.
(Image: Holger Struck / Unsplash)
2. Beagle. Though mischievous at times, the beagle is a sweet and kind dog for children. He can be overprotective (and bark a lot), but good training will make him the best friend of the little ones in the house.
(Image: Vlad Sargu / Unsplash)
3. English bulldog. Meek and quiet, the English bulldog is also a loyal, brave and loving dog. He's a fundamental companion for children.
4. Bichon frisé. This French dog breed is like a teddy bear come to life. Besides looking adorable, it also has a big heart. And it loves to play!
5. Collie. There's nothing aggressive about a collie, and she's also very smart. This dog usually becomes good friends with the elderly and children thanks to its great ability to socialize.
(Image: Ramon Fabra / Unsplash)
6. Golden retriever. It is easy to teach new things to a golden retriever, and it's also a very playful animal. Called a 'retriever' for a reason, this breed stands out for its ability to pick up and return objects. Quiet at home, it becomes active when going outside.
7. St. Bernard. The Saint Bernard is also known as the "nanny dog" because it behaves so excellently around children. It's noble, patient and calm.
8. American boxer. A great messenger and exceptional guide, this dog loves to play. He will also always protect the whole family, starting with the little ones.
(Image: Lucie Helešicová / Unsplash)
9. The German shepherd is obedient, respectful and adaptable to all circumstances. It has a lot of energy, so it can play and play for hours with the children without losing any of its enthusiasm.
(Image: Cheryl Cox / Unsplash)
10. Cocker. A good dog! And cheerful too; she never gets tired of running and playing. The Cocker (spaniel) is sociable with everyone but especially with children.
(Image: Austin Kirk / Unsplash)
11. The Pug is very small, homely and a bit lazy... but when it comes to giving love and being by the side of the little ones, he has no rival. Of course, you have to give him a good education because sometimes he can be a little stubborn.
12. Yorkshire terrier. If properly trained, the Yorkshire terrier is devoted to being affectionate with the people it loves, refraining from any kind of discomfort or behavioral problem.
13. Pomeranian. Like the previous breed, this is a small and adorable dog that, once educated, will be full of love, joy and loyalty towards its family.
(Image: Alvan Nee / Unsplash)
14. Goldendoodles. This mix between golden and poodle is a delight. Though sometimes naughty, it's intelligent, affectionate and open.
15. Shih tzu. This little man can adapt to living together in any environment. Once he's a part of the family, he does not stop giving sweet, happy and noble gestures to the children.